L - R: Samira, Junaid, Miako, Keziah (back), Easter, Mahida
Malo e lelei & greetings everyone.
Your Blogstarz this week are Miako & Samira.
On Thursday 10th May, the Year 6 students went to the Auckland Maritime Museum. We did lots of fun things. First we sat down to have some morning tea, while group 1 went off - sailing first.
After morning tea, Leichelle (the facilitator) showed us a video, and taught us about the effect humans have on our waters. Each student was asked to take along a plastic bag, which we then used to make a flower. This flower was then added to a memorial called - R.I.P plastic bag. The idea was to encourage others to rethink the use of plastic bags because of the danger they put our sea life in.
Here are some photos of our amazing trip.
Here are some very important current & upcoming notices:
- This week we started our cultural group rotations & whare challenges.
- Monday 14th May - Class photos (students must be in full school uniform)
- Champion Choices will continue on the same days & times (Tuesday & Thursday - last block)
- School finishes early (1pm) on Wednesday 16th May - First day of Parent conferences.
- Second day for Parent conferences - Thursday 3:00 pm - 6:30pm.
- Friday 18th May - Pink shirt mufti day. Raising awareness for bullying.